The iNEST Project aims to define a new Innovation Ecosystem paradigm, based on:
- ability to generate added value through an integrated and interconnected approach, overcoming the risks of fragmentation;
- networking, with a partnership-based approach.
The key tools for the development of this new paradigm are:
- information and communication technologies (ICT) and digitisation;
- innovative technologies for the well-being of people, the diffusion of culture and growth
economic and entrepreneurial.
The iNEST project is located in the north-east of Italy, in a region characterized by:
- Strong territorial background (Historical, social, cultural), as driving force for cooperation
- Key-area for Italian economy: 12% of people, 14% of GNP, 20% of Italian export
- Variety of vocations, from industry to tourism and cultural heritage
- Hign number of interconnections, well represented by Smart Specialization Strategies